Tuition & Fees
Nurse Aide Program
Enrollment in the Nurse Aide Program requires an enrollment agreement and proof of pre-requisites.
Vocational Nurse Program
Tuition and fees are as follows. Course text is included in this fee. Students have the option. Upon enrollment to purchase their own textbooks and the cost for textbooks will be deducted from the total tuition and fees cost. Currently textbooks cost $ 673.69 (November 2016)
There is no Registration Fee.
Vocational Nurse / Training Course Fee: $25,500.00
Payment Types: Students are encouraged to pay the full tuition upon enrollment. Payment methods accepted are check, cashier's check, MasterCard, American Express, or Visa. (No interest is charged). The school is Title IV approval and has Pell grants, Direct Loans, and Campus Based Funds.
- Monthly Payments: If the student wishes to make monthly payments, $2,500.00 is due upon enrollment, $287.50 is due weekly on Thursdays or the student can pay $1150.00 by the 10th of each month for 20 months. If the student fails to make their payment by the 10th of each month they will be terminated from the program. Exceptions will not be made.
- f a student is using federal financial aid and there is a gap in the total tuition not being covered, the minimum monthly fee to be paid on the 10th of each month is $400.00.
- All financial obligations must be met prior to graduation from the school.
- The school is also a vendor for the Texas workforce solutions where financial aid is available.
- For additional financial assistance please talk to a school representative or visit our financial aid page.
*INCLUDED IN THE TUITION:
- Text books *** (If a student notifies the school upon enrollment they will provide their own textbooks then $621.23 will be deducted from total tuition cost)
- Companion CD's ***
- CPR training ***
- Lab fees
- Clinical Rotation
- Classroom Instruction
- All final exams at our testing site
- 2 day NCLEX review program and preparation for NCLEX exam
- Mini NCLEX reviews after each course
- Background Check *** (all students must have a clear criminal background check prior to being admitted to the program. Conviction of a crime as outlined by the TBON may prevent admittance to the school. Vocational Nursing students must be fingerprinted for the Board of Nursing in the State of Texas. This is at their own cost upon graduation.
- Case Studies
SUPPLIES NOT INCLUDED IN COURSE FEES
*Required Pre-admission HESI test: $49.99/student
(Note: You must achieve an 80% on this test to qualify for admission within the last 3 years.)
- White Duty Shoes - no open toe, clogs, or canvas $29.00
- Watch with a second hand $30.00
- White pantyhose or white ankle length socks $ 3.00
- 3-ring 2" or 3" loose leaf notebook $ 3.00
- Notebook paper $ 3.00
- #2 pencil $ .99
- Pens (black only) $ 1.99
- Highlighter $ 2.50
- Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope $39.99
Total Estimated Cost: $143.47 + $49.99 for *HESI test + $25,00 = $25,693.46
- Bandage Scissors
- Nursing Bag
*Items are subject to cost change.
(DARS) Approved- The Vocational Nursing Institute, Inc. is an approved vendor for the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS). DARS provides financial assistance to qualified applicants. For more information on DARS, go to: http://www.dars.state.tx.us/ or contact DARS at:
11811 East Freeway
Houston, TX 77013
Bus: East Freeway @ Centerwood Dr
VNI Vendor Number: #12723617929000 or PST 1000032